26 April 2008

Weekend!

I’ve been having a nice weekend so far! I don’t know where all my roommates went, so it’s REALLY quiet at the house. Actually Nancy had to go home for a few days because her uncle died (funeral). The other two, I really don’t know where they are! It was just Nancy and I last night, and now I don’t know if anyone will be here tonight!

Yesterday I went to a cool performance of “The Spencers: Theatre of Illusion.” It was so much fun to see!!! It was very entertaining and the Spencers were very charming people (Husband and Wife). Then I got some homework done. I thought about going to a Joel Ward illusion show with a friend, but I had already seen one, and decided not to. Then Robby (from my CIT 140 class) came over and we went and played piano for a while at the Hinckley building. Robby is SUCH an amazing pianist/singer!!! He was playing awesome renditions of hymns that he created himself, and sang them at the same time! And he has a great voice too! So that was way fun! Then we went for a drive and talked. It was really neat, because to me, Robby seems way more mature than most guys his age (he’s 22), and knows what’s important in life. We actually discussed spiritual topics, and being at BYU-I, that might seem like a given, but in reality, friends usually just save their spiritual discussions for church, religion classes, (aka, whenever they HAVE to). So I really appreciated his company and getting to know him a little bit better. To summarize, Robby is really really nice, cool, neat, smart, etc. How cool is that!?

When I got home, I had a fun conversation with Nancy and her friend Catherine! We had lots of fun just talking, laughing, and having a good time! We told lots of fun stories about our lives and became better friends/roommates! Nancy is a really sweet girl. I hardly see her though! She is always so busy with classes, studying all the time, and clinicals! She is taking 19 credits right now, is a Nursing major, and will be graduating this semester with her Bachelors in Nursing! She is a very dedicated student; a nice example to me when I should be studying more!

This morning I got up and went to Nathan’s apartment to meet for our study group! Robby and I were supposed to meet at his apartment at 11:15am, but Robby works at a place called Progrexion, and he was scheduled for 7-11am today. So I got there around 11:15 (probably earlier, because Viking Village is extremely close to where I live and takes no time at all to get to, less than a minute!) and Nathan was making orange juice! And he gave me a glass!!! I was pretty thrilled, because fresh orange juice is the BEST! I also got to meet his interesting Korean roommate, haha! Robby got there as soon as he got off work and we all went to the library and got all our homework done for our CIT 140 class!

Then I got home and read a lot of my business reading. I’ve been thinking a LOT about what I really want to major in and what I want to do. The chapter I was reading in my business book had a lot of great ways of determining well-suited possibilities. It had a lot of self-assessment questions as well as ideas. I also have been spending quite a bit of time at the academic advising, and getting advice and help there as well. So I think I might have a good idea of what to study/do. I’ll just have to do more researching and praying to decide whether it’s the best choice or not.

I went grocery shopping today. I bought some bread, bananas, agave, and granola bars! So as soon as I got home (I was kind of hungry) I tried a granola bar, and it was delicious! Then I made a fruit smoothie! Now I’m not hungry anymore. Tonight (in about an hour, actually!) I’m going to a Shidara concert! It’s a group of Japanese drum performers, etc. It’ll be fun! I have more plans for tonight and tomorrow, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do all of them (especially tonight). After the concert, I really should go home and study more! I have a LOT of reading still. I have most of my business reading completed, but I still have a chapter of Microbiology to finish! So, I might have to cancel, or at least postpone plans until next week.

Also! One last note – the weather here in Rexburg is finally tolerable! Pleasant, actually! There were no bone-chilling winds, no blizzards, no below-freezing conditions for once! It was sunny, calm, and 50F! I was pretty happy about it! Yesterday I had to wear two jackets! Today I just wore a light sweater! I probably don’t even need the sweater, but with Rexburg, you never know if it will start snowing or something within the next 15 min.

I’m going to get ready for the Shidara concert now! I’m so excited!

--
ANP

7 comments:

  1. What a full weekend with lots of interesting company and things to do. I bet the drum concert tonight will be great. This Robby sounds very interesting!!!! Agave is the best-huh? I miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those illusion shows sound pretty cool!! And that drum concert will be awesome! You'll have to let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for 411 on your life...so good to hear you be enthusiastic about your life...and some boys????Love you and have a great week...Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Alexis...sounds like you have a very full plate right now. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well. I miss you and I wish we could have done something before you took off. By the way....thank you SO much for the little "extras" you left me and my family before you left. That was very selfless of you. I love you lex! If you want to see my blogspot go to humbleperez.blogspot.com ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May 10th is the big day for me and Cassandra!!! Love you lexie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are having a blast!!! You should blog though more often! Have fun and study lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Update my dear sister (when you have time)!!! Love you, Mel

    ReplyDelete