20 April 2008

The Summer Commences

Mom and I drove to Rexburg last Friday and I was able to get all moved in at my little house! I love my room, it is so cozy and cute, and has more than adequate storage and space! I am still trying to figure out what to do with the empty drawers in a couple of the dressers! I have my room all decorated and arranged the way I want it! I have two desks too, so one of them is kind of my nightstand, and the other is my work desk. I also have two bulletin boards, a HUGE mirror, five little dressers, a nice closet, and two bookshelves as well as two shelves on the wall! In addition, two chairs!

The manager lady of this house seems somewhat odd though. She was telling me where I was supposed to put all my things in the kitchen. She told me that all the dishes, silverware, etc. go in the same cupboards with everyone else’s and that everyone shares. She also “assigned” me a food cupboard, haha! Then she told me where to put my small kitchen appliances, such as my waffle maker, blender, and rice cooker! So, I have the majority of my kitchen stuff in my room! My room is RIGHT off the kitchen, so it is no different from walking into my room for a waffle maker than it is to walk into a pantry. And I definitely have the space for my kitchen stuff in here, so it is perfect! I decided to put my dishes on the first shelf of my “food cupboard.” And I moved my rice cooker from the “designated” rice cooker area! I wonder if she will protest!? Another funny thing the manager lady said was about the family room: This is the common area, so no personal decorations are allowed; we just leave it ‘as is.’ That’s ok, I guess, just kind of strange.

My roommates all seem really cool! One of the girls was actually in my ward in Fall 2006! Her name is Kyrie, and she’s from Wyoming. She is working full-time this summer. She went home for the weekend the day I moved in, but she said she’d be back today. She is a Cancer! How cool is that?!

Another roommate is from the same place as Kyrie, and her name is Hannah. I only met her briefly, but she seems way cool as well. She had to go work at Wingers though, and I have not seen her since!

My third roommate is Nancy. She is from somewhere in Utah and LOVES 4-wheeling! She can also work on cars! Moreover, she has a twin brother! She is a nursing major and this is her last semester! She’s a Pisces!!! I wonder what Hannah is, because so far HALF of the total residents are Water signs!

Yesterday Mom went to Utah. It was sad, I wish she and dad could live here with me!!! I was so thankful that she went to Rexburg with me though. I would not have known how to get here if I wasn’t able to follow her! And she always helps me so much with my luggage, unpacking, food, etc. She is the very best!!! So after she left, I continued to clean my room, get unpacked and organized, and then I got a TON of shopping done! I bought groceries, gas, and cool little containers to put all my kitchen stuff in! I love how organized everything is! I also went to school to get my parking permit and textbooks. I got a huge box of books for my classes, and they were SO HEAVY!!! Later that night John and I went to Craigo’s and watched a movie. It was fun. I also saw one of my old roommates, and talked to another old roommate on the phone! Today after church, I am going to another friends’ place to play games and stuff! Tomorrow I have classes!!! And I already have homework!!! For my Missionary Preparation class the professor emailed everyone a few papers to print out and read before the first day of class! I am also going to the bookstore (to return a couple of books that I do not need – prepare for LONG LINES!). I want to go to the gym tomorrow and the library as well!

I will write about my first day of classes tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Man...I really wanted to come with mom to help you get ready for school. I'm so excited for you to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish you could have come too!!! That would have been so fun!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun to drive back there with you, but I so hated to leave! I love your little apartment and the one roommate I met. I hope this will be your best school term ever! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete