24 March 2012

The Savior's Instructions About The Holy Ghost


John 14-16 has some wonderful teachings of Jesus Christ about the Holy Ghost.  He was teaching his disciples about what the Holy Ghost does and what they must do to receive it.

The Holy Ghost:
Comforts
Teaches
Brings things to remembrance
Brings Peace
Guides to Truth
Testifies of Christ
Reproves sin
Inspires us to live up to our full potential
Serves as a messenger of God & does His will

To Receive the Holy Ghost:
Keep the commandments
Be not troubled or afraid
Share testimonies and be a witness of Christ


The Holy Ghost was vital in the continuance of the gospel after Christ’s resurrection.  The Holy Ghost was able to direct, strengthen, and comfort the Apostles as they continued their ministries.  The Holy Ghost was able to bear witness to their words as they shared their testimonies and Christ’s teachings.  They were able to feel of God’s presence with them through the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost has been a wonderful blessing throughout my life.  I remember having a difficult time at the very beginning of my mission.  I felt like my trainer hated me and that I shouldn’t be there.  But as I prayed and asked God for help, I felt the peace and comfort of the Holy Ghost.  I knew that God was with me during this hard time, and that strengthened me.  I’m grateful for this experience because it continued to help me throughout my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment