11 October 2013

Week 3: Entrepreneur Journal

“To Manage the Minute is the Secret of Success” – Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

I loved this message by Elder Wirthlin .  It was simple, direct, and very applicable.  His message was one of truth and it motivated me to use my minutes more effectively.  He emphasized the importance of the little things in life – and minutes are little.  But they add up!  He brought an important point up – we have a fixed rate of minutes each day.  We can’t add more minutes and we can take away any minutes.  How we act and use our minutes requires us to manage ourselves wisely with a positive outlook.

What really stood out to me was how important the little things are with our relationships with others.  He said, “Do you take the time to remember some of the simple courtesies that are so important in relationships with others? Do you remember the smile, the compliment, the positive comment, and the word of encouragement? We should do these important little things without hesitation.”  This made me think about the kindness that others have shown me.  I am touched by a simple smile.  I savor a sincere compliment.  I remember words of encouragement forever.  These are all great feelings and I can share these feelings with those around me by looking for ways to do the same. 


As I pray and turn to the Lord for strength, I’ll be able to develop spiritual qualities.  “We will love more and criticize less.”  I want to do the little things to improve my relationships with family, friends, and even strangers.  I’m going to make an effort to smile and be friendly toward others.  I will look for things I can complement others about.  I will share encouraging words to lift others up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment