05 October 2013

Week 2 - Entrepreneur Journal

Lessons Learned
I learned how useful and important it is to review journals!  This week I looked back on my past two entrepreneurial journals and I feel like I relearned what I previously studied.  I think that reviewing my thoughts and what I am learning will reinforce the information I am obtaining.  It will help me to remember what I want to learn and help me to see if I am using that information.  For example, last week I wrote some thoughts about Randy Pausch’s lecture and I was reminded to see the best in other people.  By simply scanning what I wrote last week helped me to remember that important principle and encourages me to use it in my daily life.  We need reminders to know where we are going, what we want to do, and why we are doing things.


I also learned the importance of putting God first in all aspects of our lives.  Elder Lynn G. Robbins’ talk “Making a Living and a Life” discussed the importance of being motivated by the love of God – rather than being motivated primarily by money.  Money isn’t a bad motivation – it simply shouldn’t be the primary one.  As we put God first and act out of our love for Him, He will bless us and help us to prosper.  Elder Robbins encouraged me to always be an A-level person.  I believe that his teachings are applicable at home, as well as in the professional world.  I can be an A-level wife and mother as I strive to live a Christ-centered life.  I shouldn’t act out of selfish motivations.  If I act with the love of God as my primary motivation, I can enjoy peace, harmony, and the Spirit in my life and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment