20 January 2009

Planets.

Ok, everyone is probably going to think I’m the weirdest human ever. But, I woke up this morning with a specific thought in my mind: What will happen to this planet after the “end of the world” occurs?

Hmm... I know that when people are resurrected their elements will be restored and we all will have our perfected bodies as they were in mortality. And knowing that we will be reunited with the elements that we are composed now, then our planet will have no evidence of our past existence. Which would erase evidence of past life on our planet! However, I know Earth will be resurrected too, but what does that comprise? Will it remain in the same location?


While lying in bed with this entire thought process, I immediately considered of our fellow planet, Mars. For so many years, people have searched for life on Mars. It’s one of the few planets believed to be able to support life! It even has an intricate ‘water system’ that has since dried up.

Maybe the reason why there is no evidence of past or present life on Mars...perhaps it once was inhabited with civilizations, but has since lived out its planetary life-cycle...? Could it be the remains of a now-resurrected planet such as our own? Could all evidence of life be so eroded and lost...Does the resurrection of a planet involve the dead planet becoming bare and desolate? Seriously, what happens to planets when they are resurrected?! Does they stay in the same spot and condition? Will Earth remain in her little Milky Way galaxy? Surrounded by her constant atmosphere and systems? I want to know!!! I’ll ask around. I’ll ask Dad! Haha.
This is probably my most jumbled, confusing post ever. I’m sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly have me thinking, and what I have is a stupor of thought. I know - go ask your dad!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my head already was hurting...hmmm. Such a great question...one someday I hope to know. Won't it be just amazing to watch the Lord's plan come about?!

    These are the questions that inspire our minds to grow and I hope you find some answers. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok.... hope this helps. According to Bruce R. McConkie there are 5 stages for Earth:

    1. The Spirit Earth
    2. Edenic Earth
    3. Telestial Earth- when Adam fell, the Earth fell also. This condition is to continue for 6,000 years and it was while in this state that the earth was baptized in water.
    4. Terrestrial Earth- think 10th Article of Faith. The Earth is to go back to the primeval, paradisiacle or terrestrial state that prevailed in the days of the Garden of Eden. Accompanying this transition to its millenial status the earth is to be burned (baptim by fire). It will then be a new heaven and a new earth and again health, peace, and joy will prevail upon its face.
    5. Celestial Earth- Following the millennium (plus a little season), the earth will die, be resurrected and becomeing like a sea of glass attain unto its sanctified, immortal and eternal state.

    Then the poor and the meek (godfearing and righteous) shall inherit the earth. it will become an abiding place for the Father and the Son.

    ReplyDelete