27 August 2008

Case File: Alexis vs. Klamath Falls

AKA: Why I am Moving back to Rexburg!
Premise: Over the past couple of weeks, I have been considering various options involving living somewhere else. For a little while I was thinking it would be way fun to live in the SLC area and be able to visit my BYU-I friends occasionally. But, for some reason or another, I just never really felt like it was a good idea. So I thought, “why not live in Rexburg?!” I love it there, I have TONS of friends, I can walk anywhere in town, so while at work I generated a “Pros & Cons” for staying here vs. moving to Rexburg. Here’s how it went:
Tulelake
Pros:
☼ I have no living expenses here, other than gas.
☼ I have a job at Staples.
☼ I can always be around Mom & Dad!
GOOD FOOD!
Cons:
₪ The gas is killing my bank account!
₪ I spend a lot of time commuting back and forth to work.
₪ The people here are gross and grouchy. That makes me sad.
₪ There is nothing to do here and no one to hang out with.
₪ The occasional getting home from work at 10:30pm, then waking up at 4:00am to go back to work makes me feel like a corpse. It can’t be healthy, lol.
Staples @ unnatural hours of the morning.

Rexburg
Pros:
☼ #1 Pro is the Rexburg Temple is right there - I can go all the time!
☼ I have a job available there.
☼ I’ll be around thousands of young LDS people! Yay!
☼ I have friends there and there are fun things to do.
☼ Once I’m there, I’ll essentially have zero transportation expenses!
Con:
₪ I’ll have to be self-sustaining, pay rent, food, utilities, and any other expenses.
So, as soon as I situate a place to live, and finish out my scheduled hours at Staples (I handed in my memo of notification this morning), I’ll be moving! Hurrah! I might spend a day or so in Utah on the way back up there. I like Utah! And I love my sisters who live there!!!
Has anyone been watching the Democratic National Convention stuff?! What do you think about Joe Biden! Will he help or hurt Obama’s campaign? I certainly don’t think he can be considered an asset, in my opinion. But that’s good in relation to my point of view!
I probably have to go to bed soon-ish. I was sooo tired this morning! I was so unbelievably happy when I got to go home! This was my 9th day in a row or working without a day off in between. And I’ll continue to work every day until Sunday! Twelve consecutive days of non-stop work! Is that legal?! Jk!
Brooke and Taylor apparently had a heart-wrenching anxiety yesterday! They tell me that their kitten “Hector” is turning into a teenager and prefers to spend time out with his neighborhood cat friends instead of at home! In fact, last night he stayed out ALL NIGHT, causing Brooke and Taylor unbelievable distress and grief! They were soooo concerned! I think they probably secretly cried about it. They walked around the neighborhood for HOURS, calling his name and jingling his cat toy, but no sign of his presence! They hoped that he wasn’t stuck in a tree or found by people who wanted a new pet...lol. Taylor even got up at 4:00am and walked all the way to the Trax station, searching desperately for their missing pet, and still no sign! They were so distraught, they couldn’t sleep, they couldn’t stop worrying about their beloved cat! Then Taylor had to get ready for work, he looked outside – still no Hector. This must have been the saddest day of their lives up to this point! Then Taylor came back moments later, with none other than Hector in his arms! Brooke exuberantly shouted his name and held him in her arms! No words could possibly describe the feelings that attended their reunion! But Brooke says “he’s sooo grounded! No playing outside anymore unless I’m out with him!” Poor cat. They treat him like a human. Did you know that he sleeps in their bed with them almost every night?! And uses a pillow with them and sometimes the covers!
So, enough about Hector. He’s just a spoiled cat anyways.
Tonight we had a delicious dinner (as always!) Mom made some awesome salad with tomatoes from the garden! AND fermented carrot stuff! It was lacto-something, preserved with salt, whey, and ginger! It was good! And gingery! Dad and I got to make fun of Michelle Obama too (no offense to Obama supporters). But, it’s inevitable, she does a very strange thing with her mouth ALL the time! Especially when she’s unhappy about something. I tried to find a picture of it, but none sufficiently depicted the true essence of that priceless expression of hers! If you’ve seen her on TV for any amount of time, you know what I’m talking about!!!
Peace out!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lexi..you cracked me up today!! I love your post. Hope to see you when you come back this way for a brief visit..So glad Hector was found..he is a beautiful cat if I do say and we will just have to see if the grounding sticks..LOL.

    Love you, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we have to let you go again. I want you to be happy and I know that it is difficult in the desert here. We will miss you!!!! You made the case for a move very effectively and you narrated the story of Hector in great form. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis, I'm so proud of you for standing on your own two feet. I really hope that you and I can at least get some lunch before you go!! I love you girl. And I'm happy that Hector is alright! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are too funny. Moving to Rexburg will be good for you but I know mom will miss you so much. I guess she'll have to come visit!

    ReplyDelete