24 January 2014

Business Ideas!

This week I got to brainstorm some business ideas.  I made a list of 40 possible business ideas and these are the top 5 that I could easily start immediately:

1.       Daycare/Babysitting – I could run a small daycare from my home for $5/hr. per child (with a limit of 4 children total).  Childcare is always in demand and I have plenty of toys and a great location and house for kids.  
2.        Sandwiches at Work – I could prepare yummy sandwiches to sell at businesses during lunchtime for $4-5/each.  They can even preorder so I know what kind to make or how many.  This can save people time and money since they won't need to prepare a lunch to take to work or go out somewhere to get lunch.  
3.        Sushi Workshops – I can hold a couple classes each month on how to make and eat sushi.  For $5/person, it’s a fun, hands-on activity and we can all eat sushi afterwards! 
4.       Piano Lessons – I have been playing the piano for 19 years now and I have some teaching experience.  I could start teaching kids how to play the piano and read music for $10/lesson. 
5.       Homemade Pasta – I can make different types of pasta noodles to sell using my pasta maker.  My main concern would be freshness – homemade pasta is best when used within 3-4 days after making it, so it might be a made-to-order thing.  I would sell it for $3-5/packet.  Startup costs are minimal – only flour, eggs, and salt are needed!


Furthermore, I got to learn about Tom Monaghan, the man who started Domino’s.  It was fun to learn a little about how Domino’s was started.  Tom Monaghan is an excellent example of how to use your success and money for good.  He is not absorbed in financial gain, even when he could have been with his success.  He is a man of faith, acknowledging the importance of God and following His will.  Even though he grew up poor, he is happy without money.  He discussed how he was following a calling in his life by starting an institute in Michigan and increasing higher education.  The video said that “he wants to go to heaven and bring as many people with him by using his money to build the kingdom.”  Monaghan inspires me to be less focused on material wealth and focus more on helping others and looking for ways to improve the world.  Life doesn’t need to be about making a profit and building up wealth.  Life should be about greater things – things greater than ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. The Lunches idea is a clever one! I think that one is a neat one :) And the others of course would work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking at my blog and for adding your input! I appreciate it. Hope everything is going well for you!! xoxo

      Delete