12 February 2012

Being A Disciple Of Jesus Christ


What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus Christ?
  • Listening to the Lord, even when you’re busy
  • Praying to God, thanking Him for blessings and asking for help
  • Recognizing that God knows what’s best for you and being patient when asking for His help
  • Not seeking worldly treasure, but building up spiritual treasure
  • Not being so concerned with yourself, but having faith in the Lord to direct your life
  • Striving to follow the Lord
  • Being committed to the Lord and following Him is your priority
  • Not being selfish, but helping others
  • Trusting God to answer your prayers in the best way possible

One of these things I want to work on in my own life is helping others.  Christ served all who were around Him.  By following that example, I can become more like a disciple of Christ.  It’s important to take opportunities to serve those around us.  I know from my own experiences that as I take the time to help others, I am so full of peace and joy because I know I did the right thing.  I am happier when I serve others.  I tend to feel busy and trying to look for ways to help others is definitely something I can work on.  But I know that if I do this, I will see blessings in my life and will feel good about taking the time to serve.

Ultimately, what is required to be a disciple of Jesus Christ is entirely dedicating oneself to God and realizing all we have are blessings from Him.  As we strive to align our will with God’s, we can all become disciples of Christ and enjoy the peace and happiness that comes from doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment