07 March 2014

B283 Update

Taking care of Juliet is still going well!  We’ve got things down to a routine now and I really enjoy watching her.  I’ve made $60 so far – I’ve almost reached my $100 goal!  (Although, I’ll probably make at least $120 since Megan pays me $30/week).  Oh, I checked up on the person I selected on Kiva and he already got his loan!  I’ll have to select someone else to help now.
This week I was able to write a book report on the E-Myth.  It was a fun book that discussed several potential pitfalls, obstacles, challenges, as well as opportunities that entrepreneurs face during the different phases of their businesses.
I also learned about a couple of entrepreneurs, Matt Stewart and Henry Stein.  Matt Stewart didn’t let challenges or obstacles slow him down.  When faced with challenges, he kept moving forward and took them as opportunities to learn and grow.  He made changes and improvements to his company as a result of difficult circumstances, such as a death of an employee.  He maintains a strong value system in his life as well as his company.

Henry Stein also was able to learn lessons from his life and use them in his businesses.  He was able to learn the importance of being a part of something bigger than himself while in the Marines and he carries that attitude with him in his companies.  Furthermore, he wanted to have great people to work with him as well – people who wanted to make a difference and be a part of something bigger than themselves too.  Having these type of people are more likely to challenge themselves and make improvements than those who are just content to have a job to provide for their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment