29 April 2012

Paul's Counsel for Members

Paul shares wonderful counsel and advice for believers of Christ in 1 Thessalonians. 3:12-13, 4:1-12, 5:1-22, and 2 Thessalonians 3:1-6, 11

There is a very lengthy list of things that he counseled the members to work on, which are all things that we can improve and work on today!  I chose 3 attributes that he shared that I want to improve on.  They are:

Love One Another
This is one of Christ’s great commandments – to love God and to love your neighbor.  I want to work on loving those around me by seeing them as children of God – my brothers and sisters.  I can do this at work, church, and at home by looking for ways to serve those around me and express my love for them in simple, meaningful ways.  I know that even a smile, or a friendly “hello” can make a difference and life someone’s day.

Comfort & Edify One Another
This one goes along with love one another, but I want to work on this as well.  I want to look for ways to edify others and one thing I want to do is to just share simple, conversational testimony.  Sharing my blessings with others, acknowledging God’s hand in my life.  I can also be attentive and give comfort or encouragement to others.  I can do this by sharing my testimony and telling of all the blessings I receive from God each day, which will help them think of their own many blessings and feel better.

Pray Without Ceasing
It’s easy for me to get into a prayer routine, but the Bible encourages us to pray always.  To pray without ceasing.  I can and should pray about anything and everything.  So this is something I will work on – I want to pray about my daily situations, give thanks for daily blessings, and just have my mind and heart centered on Jesus Christ.

I know that I can improve on these things as I turn to the Lord for help.  I know that I will be blessed for my efforts as I strive to follow the counsels of His servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment